VP Human Resources for The John Gore Organization
THE JOHN GORE ORGANIZATION (JGO) is the leading developer, producer, distributor and marketer of Broadway theatre worldwide. Under the leadership of theater producer and owner John Gore, its family of companies includes Broadway Across America, Broadway.com, The Broadway Channel, BroadwayBox.com and Group Sales Box Office. Its productions span Broadway, Off Broadway, London’s West End, Japan, Canada and 44 domestic markets. It has won Tony’s in every producing category as well as numerous other Drama League, Drama Desk and Olivier awards.
SAGEVIEW CONSULTING, an Executive Search and HR Consulting firm, is conducting the search for JGO’s next Vice President of Human Resources, a role that will assist with building human resources strategies in alignment with the business strategy. The Vice President Human Resources is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of JGO’s human resources function, in collaboration with internal stakeholders, ensuring adherence to labor laws, regulations, and HR corporate policies and procedures. Reporting to the COO and managing a staff of two, the position executes comprehensive strategies, initiatives, action plans and processes to improve critical organizational performance in the areas of employee engagement. The company is headquartered in NYC, with about a dozen regional offices across the country and Canada.
Priority responsibilities include:
• Manifest a culture where employees trust HR and proactively engage HR to solve workplace issues
• Maintain and update human resources policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines; communicate and model the organization’s mission, vision and values in a clear manner, and provide guidance in the interpretations of such policies
• Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, providing guidance, constructive feedback, and consulting on effective leadership and building teams in service of the business. Consult on all aspects of talent management, organization design, role design, workforce planning, leadership development and employee engagement
• Create, develop, and implement formal performance management/goal driven program and compensation review programs; ensure timeliness, consistency and distinction of performance ratings and standards
• Work closely with the division heads and hiring managers to establish and forecast people needs, establish staffing strategies and priorities, and manage related changes
Meet regularly with senior leadership to gain insights and review department strategies, goals and performance in order to provide recommendations and support
• Support the executive team to review compensation across the organization to ensure equitable pay practices and manage annual salary reporting requirements in accordance with federal and state requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred; HR certification a plus
• 10+ years in all disciplines of HR, 5+ years in a leadership role
• Proven experience in an entrepreneurial environment with multiple locations, strong preference for hospitality or entertainment/media industry
• Demonstrated experience working with an executive team, creating and implementing strategy
• Ability to travel
If this role sounds like you and fits your background, please send your resume and salary expectations to: Amy Hoffman, Sr. Search Consultant, Sageview Consulting: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants applying directly to JGO will not be considered.
The John Gore Organization (JGO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, JGO will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. JGO strongly supports EEO for all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.